Account Approval Help

Dear RSP Support Team,

I am writing to check on the status of my account application for the Rubin Science Platform. I submitted my onboarding profile over two weeks ago, but my account has not yet been activated and appears to still be awaiting manual verification.

Here are my details for reference:

Samuel Kahn
Research Fellow, UC Santa Cruz
shkahn@ucsc.edu

Could you please look into my application status or let me know if you need any additional information to confirm my data rights eligibility? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Samuel Kahn
Research Fellow, UC Santa Cruz

Hi Samuel, thanks for getting in touch. I have flagged someone to look into your application and you should get a response shortly, but I’ll keep an eye on things!

Thank you!

Hi @shkahn , the account has been approved and you should now be able to log in with ORCID as your identity provider.

Hi @MelissaGraham,

Following up here. My account shows as approved, but I still cannot get into the platform.

I can authenticate with ORCID without any issue. The problem is that every path, including going to data.lsst.cloud directly, redirects me straight back to the “Self Signup With Approval” page. It looks like I am authenticated but have no active role in COmanage.

A few details to help you find my record:

For data rights, I am a Research Fellow at UC Santa Cruz, so my access is through that affiliation. I am happy to confirm from my UCSC email if that helps verification.

Could you check whether my petition completed and whether I have an active role and group membership, and add me to the access group if that is what is missing?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi @shkahn, sorry about these challenges.

I noticed there were actually two RSP accounts in your name, with the same email address and (somehow) both with ORCID as the identity provider. One account I’d approved, and one which had the status of “created” but wasn’t in a state I could approve. I suspect this duplicate was the source of the errors, and so I’ve expunged both accounts so you can start fresh with the same email address and ORCID.

Action: Please restart the process, and then let me know here, so I can approve your new account without delay.

Hi @MelissaGraham,

I resubmitted the request and am now waiting for approval.

Thanks!

Sam

Excellent, I see it and approved it – can you confirm that you’re able to log in with ORCID?

Confirmed @MelissaGraham ! Thank you for your help!